As Hurricane Sandy churns on our coast we begin to realize how lucky we are. BUT that’s not always the case and it is a great reminder to always be prepared (yes, that is the Girl Scout motto).
It doesn’t just take a hurricane to shut the power off. Earthquakes, snow storms and just a rain storm can put you in the dark. Zippo’s Emergency Fire Starter Kit is a must-have item to have on hand. You don’t need a match or a lighter to create a fire.
Here is a list of basics to have in a tote or bag ready in a fleeting moment.:
· Water (one gallon per person per day)
· Food (ready to eat or requiring minimal water)
· First aid kit and any special needs items for children, seniors or people with disabilities
· Several reliable sources of fire
· Go-bags should even be made for pets with any basic supplies they may need.
Get your kit started by winning a Zippo Fire Starter Kit today!