It seems like most nights around our home we are rushed for dinner. The age-old question is “what’s for dinner”. Ummm…then I stare blankly into the pantry, then to the fridge and freezer. Nothing. We need quick solutions that won’t hurt our budget.
Publix has a great promotion going on now that will help you come home with great recipe ideas that won’t keep you standing at the stove for hours. Stop by the store or BestMealsatHome.com and give it a try. The Best Meals Happen at Happen runs January 26th through February 1st. Gain extra savings by picking up in-store coupons. Take a step further and sign up for email savings and recipe ideas…you can save up to $200 this year!
Cheerios + Chicken Nuggets = Quick meal that your kids will love!
Prep time: 15 Min
Cook time: 25 Min
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 cups Cheerios® cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray with cooking spray or lightly grease 13×9-inch pan.
- Finely crush cereal. Stir together cereal, salt and pepper; set aside. In medium bowl, stir together milk, honey and mustard until blended. Dip chicken into milk mixture; coat with cereal mixture. Place chicken in pan; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden and chicken is no longer pink in center.
The Publix gift card, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.”